Posted by Jennifer Phillips
October 8, 2013
Setting Up My Course in Canvas
This Canvas training session will familiarize faculty with Canvas and prepare them to use the learning management system (LMS) immediately. Canvas provides an SVA-branded and password-protected online learning environment to complement all of the College’s in-person courses. This training sessions will enable instructors to perform basic functions such as the following.
• Customize your SVA course homepage in Canvas
• Post materials for students to access in the online course space (e.g. syllabus, course texts, links, etc.)
• Communicate easily with your entire class or individual students through Canvas Conversations, Announcements, and/or Conference tools
• Create online discussion boards to enable students to reflect and share ideas with their peers outside of class time
• Allow students to submit assignments in Canvas
• Annotate and grade student submissions and provide timely individual feedback from within Canvas
Thursday, October 10, 2013 from 10:00 AM to 11:30 AM
New York, NY | SVA 8th Floor Training Room at 136 W 21 Street
This workshop is free and open to all SVA NYC instructors.
Registration is required — Click here to register.