Setting Up My Course in Canvas
This Canvas training session will familiarize faculty with Canvas and prepare them to use the learning management system (LMS) immediately. Canvas provides an SVA-branded and password-protected online learning environment to complement all of the College’s in-person courses. This training sessions will enable instructors to perform basic functions such as the following.
• Customize your SVA course homepage in Canvas
• Post materials for students to access in the online course space (e.g. syllabus, course texts, links, etc.)
• Communicate easily with your entire class or individual students through Canvas Conversations, Announcements, and/or Conference tools
• Create online discussion boards to enable students to reflect and share ideas with their peers outside of class time
• Allow students to submit assignments in Canvas
• Annotate and grade student submissions and provide timely individual feedback from within Canvas
Thursday, October 10, 2013 from 10:00 AM to 11:30 AM
New York, NY | SVA 8th Floor Training Room at 136 W 21 Street
This workshop is free and open to all SVA NYC instructors.